Last night I was zipping along after correcting several errors and it finally clicked. I had been having some weird errors that I couldn’t always figure out and I finally looked closely to find the problem. It is important to note that black is not the best color to use if it is the first time one is trying a new technique. I know this but it doesn’t stop me. The first dishcloth I knit was black, this band is black and yellow. I love the contrast those colors provide but the black does work at hiding the problems and their solutions. One of the most common mistakes I was making was to twist the black threads while picking up a yellow from the bottom layer. I am enjoying the thread but the band is thicker than I had planned. I am not sure how well these will work as suspenders on a little guy.
I had to modify the draft I found as I didn’t plan properly for the warp band colors. There were supposed to be nine pattern threads but I only used 7 because I put a yellow border to close. Final size of each band is 1.25 inches wide and 26 inches long.
All that is left is to find suspender hardware. I’m hoping to find some in Traverse City next week. If not, I have a few online sources to try.