I’m almost finished. I’m on the last little bit and the warp problems have compounded. I knew they were a bit twisted at the back but naively thought they would stay at the end. They have been slowly creeping forward to my weaving area so I decided to pull the warp off carefully and begin untwisting things. I really should have left well alone. Every time I add a few rows of weft I have to take it out and untwist another set of threads that I crossed while trying to fix it. Next time, I’m following the recommend plan of attack-cut and tie new colors in. I saw one video where the weaver just dropped one color, picked up another, drop that color, picked up the first, etc, no cutting, just wrapping. I love to reduce or eliminate waste where I can, this method seemed perfect for me, however, at this point I’d rather be done and waste the 20 inches or so. I’m not taking pictures of the mess, which also caused my tension issues. Had I tied things properly, the tension would have been more even than it is.
I’m off to work on the strap, I hope to have pictures tomorrow and then warp my new cricket for some dishcloths.
an edit: After arguing with the warp again, I finally decided to go further back and took out two rows that I had previously left alone. I then took a good look and found 3 more errors with how I lined up the warp around the pegs. It is now fixed and am sailing again.